I know it has been a while since I have posted anything, sorry about that. I had a few things to transition into the last few months and only choose to blog when I have something I want to share with all of you. Being that we have hit the holiday season, I wanted to share my gratitude with you and hope you are doing the same in your life. Just makes you feel good when you recognize the great things happening in your life, and dismiss the things that are not working so well.
Here are some of the things I am currently grateful for:
- Friendsgiving catered by Sally Owens (www.sotastyvegan.com) – Every year my husband and I have our friendsgiving the Saturday before Thanksgiving so we can invite all our friends and family over for a vege feast. This year, we had our local vegan chef, Sally Owens, cater some of the dishes for is. It was awesome!! Sally has been doing Wednesday Vegan pop up dinners at a local restaurant and we have enjoyed every bite. So when I asked if she catered, I was so excited! The coolest part about our Friendsgiving is that everyone enjoyed the food, drinks, and connecting with people they may not have met before. I am grateful for not having to prepare all the dishes myself, but also for all my friends who came out and enjoyed themselves. Having a vegan chef that lives in the hood is icing on the vegan cake!
- My health conscious group of friends – Being included in a group that is focused on weight loss and health challenges for the past few months, has enabled me to lose 10lbs and feel better about myself in my clothes and more energetic. I am grateful for the continued encouragement and support to reach my goals. Even coaches need a support system.
- The ability to keep learning new things – I am grateful I have the ability to learn new things and share what I know with others. I have a short attention span because I can generally derive the ending before the lesson is over, so I practice my patience by figuring out how to apply what I have learned in new ways. I am not very academically inclined, I like to learn by doing or experimentation. Certifications are my wheelhouse because you can get in and get out, to achieve most of them, and then instantly try to apply them in every day life. I am grateful for all the different methods of learning out there.
- My husband – I am grateful for all his support in my methods of changing everything up when I need to. From decorating the house to my job status, he supports and loves me through it.
- My dog Grendel doesn’t have cancer – I am grateful that the surgery we put him through this year to remove a cancerous tumor from his leg, completely removed the cancer from his body and he is healthier for it. Gren is a 14 year old pitbull who has the spirit that could melt your heart. I am grateful he made me a dog lover and for each day I have with him.
These are my top 5 for this week. The list is ever changing. It feels good to focus on what I am grateful for and not on what is missing from my life. What are you grateful for?