This past weekend I met two women that actually represent so much of who I strive to be! Do you know what that feels like? Meeting someone that reflects a future version of you? I will elaborate, but even writing this I take pause and reflect on how lucky I am that I was in the right place at the right time and chose to receive that message.
I have seen both Lisa DeMayo and Cathy Savage on stage training teams on how to be the best in their business. To be honest, they seemed untouchable, even though they are so approachable. After seeing them and listening to them in public forums, when I saw they were doing the Balance and Power Summit here in NJ, I jumped at the opportunity. I really didn’t know what I was signing up for, but what I did know was I would learn something. I was surprised at how intimate the setting was, and how small the group was that attended. It was perfect for me! I was able to get 1:1 and group coaching on how to be my best self. Remove my self inflicted obstacles, and connect with other amazing people! This is something as a coach, I continuously work on with my clients, groups, and organizations.
Taking the time to focus on me, and continue to develop was life changing. What impacted me more, was the open and honest environment they were able to create with the group of people that attended. I don’t think any of us really knew what we were in for, but we were all open to it. Because our truth is that we needed a guide to move past where we are right now.
What I took away from this past weekend will stay with me forever, here is the short list that I wanted to share with you:
- Be true to you. Every excuse you give yourself or doubt you have in your mind is a blocker of your truth. When you are true to yourself in the good, the bad, the ugly, you sore! It’s your truth, own it, change it, deal with it, and let it go if it doesn’t serve you.
- One of my truths: I am scared of living out my potential. I takes courage to share that because I usually force myself to jump into things and ignore the fear. Owning the fear and admitting it has a totally new response within me. Now that I have realized it, I can work with it. I am scared, but I still am trying. I am still pushing forward, and look to help others do the same.
- There are amazing people out there, not everyone is a douchebag! I have to admit, I started developing a judgmental chip of sizing someone up before even speaking to them. I let it go this weekend and am more open and with love through it. Meet people where their are.
- It is not my responsibility to carry anyone forward. All I can do is listen and encourage them to remove their roadblocks that stop them from getting to their next destination. But ultimately it is their journey. Their limitations do not have to be mine.
- I love who I have become and can visualize who I am going to be. I will always be a work in progress. And that is AWESOME!
- Everyone is in some sort of pain, and I have the means to help them push through it. This weekend validated a lot of skills that I have innately and also developed over the years to help people push through their pain and live the life they are meant to be. What a gift!! Now I want to share it with everyone!
Cathy and Lisa’s generosity of putting together such a life changing event for the first time, allowed us to connect in such a raw way, that it felt really good! Our phones were off, we were able to disconnect with the world that likes to tell us how to feel, and actually focus on where we are in our emotional journey and really be in that moment. Such a rare experience these days, but worth the work. I can not wait for level 2 of this training, and definitely will post the link when the next level 1 training is made available, so you can attend. Totally worth it! I know this has made me a better person, and also given me skills to be an amazing coach to all of you!
Ready to soar! Ready to help others live in their truth! Ready to just be me and be true about it! Now that is powerful!
Cheers to your health!